- Cuttings being propagated at Shallowmead Nurseries
- Langley regains ‘National Collection’ for Buxus
- Previous collections suffered from blight or neglect
- Long-term plan being devised for existing plants
- Topbuxus providing their products free for a second year
- Work is ongoing to improve the health of the plants
- Significant reduction of weeds on the Langley site
Following a suggestion by Barry Clarke, Botanist and Plant Records Officer at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, EBTS UK member Andrew Napier, with the help of his wife Lena, Bruce Ginsberg & Chris Poole, are working with the current site owner, Ashley Brunning, to restore/maintain the collection.
This will be a long project and you can follow the progress below.
Marian Boswall talks to Arit Anderson about her approach to design, listening to the land and sustainability.